Update - 13th October
Macdonald Portal Hotel & Spa will be operating the following guidelines as Tarporley has been classed within a 'high risk' area, falling within the Cheshire West and Chester area.
The following guidelines are now in place for people that live within this or travelling from a lower-tier area:
- People must not meet with anybody outside their household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place.
- People must not meet in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other space.
- People should aim to reduce the number of journeys they make where possible. If they need to travel, they should walk or cycle where possible, or plan to avoid busy times and routes on public transport.
Operational confirmation/changes to our golf business:
- Golf will continue in its entirety on the Championship, Premier and the Arderne. Players must not congregate in groups of any more than 6 outside.
- Access to golf shops will continue, however social distancing and face coverings are mandatory. To reduce footfall, we ask that the primary contact, per tee time, 'checks' in with the pro shop on behalf of the tee time.
- Buggy usage may continue however you must follow the England Golf guidance which states individuals or members of the same household/bubble can use buggies
- The Premier clubhouse and hotel lounge will remain open. However, you can only sit with members of your household/support bubble on that set table for food & beverage. Tables service, as well as face coverings, will continue to be mandatory.
Please note: that it is the individual's responsibility to check and act accordingly, based on where you are travelling from and the destination.
If you currently live within a 'very high risk' area, then further guidelines/restrictions will apply.