PREFERRED LIES EFFECTIVE FROM 23rd October 2023.
When a player's ball lies in a part of the General Area of play, the player may take free relief depending on the balls location-
A - Fairways, fringes and closely mown areas - The ball can be marked, cleaned and placed within 6 inches (15 cm) of the original ball position, but not nearer the hole.
B - Semi-rough and Rough - The ball can be marked, cleaned and also PLACED within 6 inches (15 cm) of the original ball position, but not nearer the hole.
1. Reference Point: Spot of the original ball. (should be marked)
2. Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches (15cm) from the reference point.
3. Limits on Location of Relief Area:
* Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
* Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
The ball may be cleaned prior to placing.
Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE:
* In STROKEPLAY– TWO STROKES
* In MATCHPLAY – LOSS OF HOLE
As a consequence of the local rules changes detailed above, all competitions from today will be non-qualifiers on Premier & Championship until further notice.